The Insurance approved British Standard ERA Fortress Sashlock, for high security locks, where you need a latching action.
The ERA Fortress Sashlock is an ideal British Standard Lock, which is Insurance approved, when you need the latching action on a door where there is no other means of the door being latched, for example on a back door, where the security aspect is needed, or on a door, where only one lock is required. It works with sash lock handles, purchased separately, and can be opened from both sides of the door, by pulling the handle down, unless the lock has been locked with a key.
The ERA Fortress Sashlock can be passed to the ERA Fortress Deadlock.
Here at Master Locksmiths we either fit these locks or sell them through our web shop, anywhere in the U.K. or Europe.
The parent Company of Master Locksmiths is North London locksmiths Ltd. which has been established at the same premises, for the past 35 years.
BUY FROM AN ESTABLISHED COMPANY.
British Standard ERA Fortress Sashlocks are manufactured to conform to the BSI BS3621:2004 Specification
for Thief Resistant Locks -.
This standard was created by a Standards Committee comprising of representatives from the police, government departments, local authorities, architects, window and door manufacturers and lock makers. It provides a reference for type-testing and certification of thief resistant locks.
Before the standard is awarded to a mechanical key operated lock, designed for fixing to hinged or sliding doors, it has to be passed by an independent panel of locksmith experts.
Once a lock has been accredited with the BS3621:2004 standard, it is recognised as giving the maximum protection generally available to the majority of both domestic and commercial premises.
Many insurance companies recognise this and reduce premiums accordingly, whilst some will provide cover only if such locks are fitted.
For a lock to be awarded BS3621:1998 it has to achieve the following criteria;
• At least 1000 different key patterns (differs) and 999 different locks must be made before any key pattern can be used again.
• There must be at least 5 moveable levers used. If fewer than 9 levers are fitted there must be additional anti-picking precautions incorporated (such as false notching).
• If a key can be used on both sides of a door, both sides must offer equal security.
• Handles and knobs must not operate the bolt when deadlocked.
• Deadlocking must be effective before the key can be removed.
• The bolt must project not less than 20mm when locked.
* Hardened steel plates to resist drilling, and four hardened steel rollers in the deadbolt resist hacksawing.
• Both sides of the lock body must be protected by anti-drilling plates.
• Vulnerable fixing screws on all parts of the lock, cylinder and staple must be concealed or inoperable when the door is locked.
The ERA Fortress British Standard sashlock has the following features.
• The ERA Fortress Sashlock 5 lever British Standard High Security Mortice Lock to BS3621:2004 standard meets the exacting demands of the insurance companies and the Police.
• Higher security levels are delivered by a 20mm bolt throw.
• The Fortress Sashlock features a pull and twist action latch which can easily reverse the hand of the lock without the removal of the lock cover or screws.
• The keys, manufactured of manganese bronze have 1,000 variations for added security.
• All steel levers have false notching to resist lock picking.
• Complete with fitting instructions.
• Brass , Satin Chrome and Chrome Plated Finishes.
• Size 21/2" and 3”
• 2 keys.
If you live in the North London, North West London, Home Counties or local areas to these and would like our parent Company North London Locksmiths Ltd. to fit this lock or any other lock for you, please click on the GET A QUOTE link below, to be directed to the NLL estimate page.
Would you like to know more about the
ERA Fortress Sashlock, or passing them to another lock? Then please follow this link to our contact page,
where we will be happy to respond to any questions or requests, which you may have. You could also telephone our office on 0208 800 6041 To speak to a member of our staff (WE ARE NOT A CALL CENTRE)
WE ACCEPT BOTH DEBIT AND CREDIT CARDS ON SITE, DAY AND NIGHT.